Author Topic: Sims4 Get Together Announced  (Read 24862 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Sims4 Get Together Announced
« on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:17PM »
Early this morning (4am EST, at least) EA announced the next Sims4 expansion pack: Get Together. You can watch their press conference here, or watch the official trailer.

While a lot of the community seem to be pissed off about this coming before pets or seasons, and of course toddlers, I personally feel like it was the right thing. We can currently send our sims on vacations, to the spa, have fabulous patios, and of course to work, but they don't have anything that really brings them together socially. They should be able to go out on the town and meet with friends for real club or party experiences. We need that more than snowfall or a litter of kittens at this point in time.
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2015, 11:28AM by yuichen »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Sims4 Get Together Announced
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2015, 12:31PM »
More info turning up. 64x64 lots are returning, kids can be part of clubs and groups, and apparently the new world is as big as the base game worlds. The new closets can be played in by kids, it sounds like you can use them to makeover people in your clubs, and of course, woohoo. That can be done in a bush too, I guess.

See a tidy list of features here.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2015, 12:44PM by yuichen »

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2015, 09:04AM »
I would be the first to say that I am excited about the new ep but I am really not that impressed.  Of course I will buy it if the price is right, lol.  It doesn't do much for me, though.  I hope the social interactions will be better and if so it might sway how I feel about the new EP but...I am not knocking any doors down to get to the game.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2015, 11:14AM »
It's still pretty early into the information so maybe it'll interest you more later on. My sims don't really do all that much so I feel like it'll help me push them to be more interesting. But at this point I can say I definitely had more interest in GTW than I do with this.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2015, 07:24PM »
Yup Get to Work bridged the gap for me from Open for Business in TS2 to Get to Work since I never played TS3 and didn't go in a rabbit hole....

I didn't notice any new or redesigned romance interactions.  I think Hot Date will always be my top 10 release....I wonder what university is going to look like.  I really wished they would give us our monies worth with one of these EPs like over stuff it content and give us some goofy yet good interactions heck throw in something completely off the wall.  Like they did with the mimes and street dancers in TS2 but make them all where we can talk to them or be in relationships with them.  I wouldn't even mind them giving us a real carpool or playable sims.  I don't know I have too much ice cream today.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2015, 02:46AM »
Lol well hey, a lot of ice cream gives you good ideas :P

Hot Date was a pretty good game. Man that feels like a million years ago now. You're right though, it definitely needs something fun and quirky that isn't just a sim's personality.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2015, 08:57AM »
It does seem like a million years ago.  I was in Italy when I started playing TS1 and that was in 2000 or 2001.  Wow! Well if you have an observatory your sims can woohoo in there which is kind of nerdy cool and weird. In public but no one runs over an acts crazy like they did in the clothing booth thing in TS2. If it comes out and is on sale for 20 bucks for Black Friday I might get it just to get it but probably will not if it it's not on sale.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2015, 04:43PM »
Yeah, I planned on waiting for a sale myself. I'm kind of tight and try to get as much out of my money as I can. Well... most of the time.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2015, 07:51PM »
I like a good sale.  I am definitely going to wait a while before I buy it.  I shouldn't have gotten those sps but I did.  It did make game play more interesting but so does downloading and adding stuff to my TS2 game.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2015, 10:59PM »
I've read some people think this is the best SP so far. Looks like it has a lot of nice stuff. But I agree, you can get a lot out of downloading cc too.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2015, 10:03PM »
I believe that those people are probably TS3 to TS4 players with a handful of TS2 players saying this is the best ep ever.  If we were to take a drive down memory lane and compare the items Maxis gave us from TS1 to TS4 I am sure we would boycott them but because simmers are so fickle in what we like, love, and hate it is difficult to demand more.  Everyone is upset over toddlers and other things that I frankly could care less about soooo as stated before I am going to wait this one out.  If I catch it on super sale (20USD) than I will get it.  I can't keep buying games that only add a little to what I expect and want which is a lot unfortunately....lol

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2015, 01:12AM »
Lol, that's understandable. Kind of in the same boat myself.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2015, 05:24PM »
It's strange when GTW came out I was super excited to get it and I really wanted it, now with this new ep I am like meh I'll pass.  I am sure it's going to be a decent ep..... :o

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2015, 09:05PM »
I was too. I've kinda stopped paying attention. Can't seem to read about it anywhere without people crying about what it isn't.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2015, 11:13PM »
Yup I am really tired of hearing about toddlers...I am catching up on the latest I hate the community at sim secret.  I wonder why so many people post there and think it's okay.  I think if you post it don't forget to leave your name.