Author Topic: Sims4 Get Together Announced  (Read 24672 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Sims4 Get Together Announced
« Reply #15 on: Aug 19, 2015, 10:52AM »
Yeah... it just opens up people being really nasty.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 24, 2015, 07:37PM »
True.  I also guess it's easier to say mean things and no one know who your or than to say it to their computer faces.  I guess it's just me though that thinks that.  Some of them are very nice and very funny than others are the complete opposite.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2015, 11:49PM »
Definitely. I like it when I find great creators or storytellers through it.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 2015, 11:11PM »
So true unfortunately for me I sometimes have no clue as to whom they are referring to.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2015, 01:26AM »
I don't tend to know what drama they're talking about, or who it is they're ripping into. Years ago it was basically the same people or websites over and over, but now it's tumblr people i've never heard of our members on the official forums.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 26, 2015, 08:58AM »
Yup.  I read one about CIJ for GOS that was from a creator that didn't like what a noob created.  It hurt her feelings and it made me sad.  It sucks that people are like that but that's how our world is.  I just stick to creating stuff and if people like it I hope they download and if not than oh well.  Like I love wall stickers but I don't think others do, lol :(.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 26, 2015, 10:49AM »
I remember seeing that one. They don't have to like it I suppose, but they could still be grateful the person took the time out to make something just for them. They also need to realize everyone starts somewhere and at one time they were in the same boat... and I bet no one treated them like shit for it.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 27, 2015, 08:06AM »
Yes.  I just can't imagine a "seasoned" creator saying that at GOS.  They all seem pretty nice for the most part.  I don't know, people are funny at times. 

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 27, 2015, 08:19AM »
Well, people are a little different one on one so it's hard to say really. But that goes for anyone/any site.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 27, 2015, 07:02PM »
This is an interesting topic.  I like his take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBx2Vp4Osv8

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 27, 2015, 08:23PM »
Very true. We could use a lot more family oriented things (though I am quite sick of hearing about toddlers on forums). I just hope there's more to this EP than appears. Hell, it probably could've just been a game pack.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 28, 2015, 07:46AM »
Yup, I agree with you totally.  The toddler thing is old.  I think the post of the video forgets that Maxis/EA are trying to reach the youth and what do the youth do party.  I personally would have loved for them to add two or three more jobs like teacher, lawyer, garbage man, mailman, server at an eatery, etc.  That's what I would love to see more jobs, a smaller dang microscope, some things that you have to do with sims like the card thing from TS2 or something similar.  Even the virtual game they have already in the game make it multiplayer or even add a game system where they can link up online with other sims to play stuff like multiplayer games we have.  You know that would be great.  A gamers ep.  I wonder if the modders would bite at that......

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 28, 2015, 11:20AM »
I bet they would! Speaking of jobs though, someone made a mod that makes the other careers playable like GTW. Obviously they aren't new jobs but it's a new experience at least.

Aaand, I entered another giveaway on twitter for Cool Kitchen. From SimsVIP, I think. Sims Community was running one at the same time through twitter but I didn't do both cause I felt like it was cheating, sort of? It would come in handy for the damn build I'm working on... I use the same kitchens all the time -.-

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 28, 2015, 08:13PM »
Why would it have been cheating?

Mods for the other jobs.  I am going to look into that and see how that is although I haven't played ts4 in a while.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Aug 28, 2015, 08:49PM »
Well, I feel like it would be because if I happened to win them both it would be kind of unfair for other people.