Author Topic: Is there CC that you never downloaded at all ?  (Read 19240 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Is there CC that you never downloaded at all ?
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2015, 01:43AM »
I don't really use bodyshapes myself. I tried some out when I first discovered them several years ago, but ended up deleting because I almost never used them. Making sure you have all the matching clothes categories and showerproof skintones was too much of a hassle for me.

Difficult personalities are interesting enough. If we were all the same it would be kind of dull, yeah? And yay for inspiration! :)

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2015, 11:26AM »
I agree for the many bodyshapes. However for female Sims I liked to hae my fav meshes because I use them for my own clothing retextures. Occasionally male clothing too but not so often.

I once hd Bloom's busty meshes from ISA but got rid of them : I like my female Sims with long hair and not cut off on the front because of too huge breasts. But Bloom's meshes are perfect for my work, along with a few others.

But today for clothes revamps I use also more often Maxis shapes meshes with good shoes and boots. So I'm revamping some old clothing on meshes with better shoes.

==========

No matter what for this friend. He's narcissistic, sometimes moody but all in all rather kind and a bit also vulnerable and protecting himself today, as I do. I'd say that he isn't "evil" but sometimes writes awkwardly some things eit intentionllyor not and doesn't feel remorse when he hurts. He found the excuse that he also got hurt in life... Well, we were all hurt at some times. I keep in most of time and I'm capable of immense indifference/coldness when must be ("not giving a damn" attitude). I'm one who loves to laugh, have good laughs, and this gay friend hasn't much sense of humour : it's a bit of a turn off for me when people have no sense of humour, then I stay on my guards. But the guy inspires me of course, however with a distance  far away from each other", no meet (it's better for both of us).

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2015, 01:22PM »
Ohh, I see. Well that's kind of understandable. I didn't think he would be quite that difficult. Suppose everyone has their quirks, though.

I think the only bodyshapes I really tried were the fashion models, male bodybuilder and slim bodybuilder. I know I currently have a couple meshes on the LBB as I was going to use them for a particular character, but I'm not sure I will.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2015, 09:03PM »
One Body Builder mesh has a weird thing I don't like around the neckor it's Huge Body Builder. For males I use a few meshes by G-Knee and from one site, by Kielen (http://kieda.net/), a little few from Synaptic Sims Lair, others by Julie J. It depends.

Currently I don't have big needs for male outfits or meshes. I don't think that I'm very talented to create male Sims. But the one after my gay friend is awesome... I put a lot of work into it (LOL). And for an outfit for him it wasn't too hard because the real man in the 70's and 80's didn't wear much... It was the hippie days.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2015, 10:08PM »
I think I got my bodybuilder stuff from Kielen's site too. Although, now that I think about it I tried out some male runner's body's too. I didn't really like it :/

Did you show him his simself?

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 09, 2015, 11:08AM »
Haha, I showed to my gay friend a pic of his self-Sim via E-mail and he liked it but didn't say more except "have fun now, doll!". I'd have fun ingame and not play him as 100 % gay (becasue in RL he wasn't 100 % gay, some women were attracted or he was). I'd use him for breeding, LOL... see if a Sim baby or child would look like him a bit ? Especially the brown eyes and lovely lips. For the personality nobody could tell (LOL).

I just posted a topic in the Sims 2 Help area, BTW.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 09, 2015, 08:36PM »
Ohh cool, a breeding experiment! You should do it! :)

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2015, 10:00AM »
I think that I will do that to relax a bit from the crazy and nerving downloads sorting and purging.

While I'm sorting like mad (when will it be finished, LOL... question mark)...

I'd have a good resolution from now : stop collecting over 10 textures in all Pooklets or whatso, especially for clothes meshes, Jonesi blankets, cushions. Because good Goddess ! this drives me so mad from browsing for example the whole clothing catalogue (esp. mediaval beautiful tops and boho skirts), all Droopsi, and others' blanket recolours.

I don't always check the file size of each texture package but it can be very high. One as an example is good, I'd compress as winrar all other textures to avoid have them cluttered up in my catalogues.

I also avoid downloading of way too many add-ons to BB niches and other repositoried furniture sets. From sims2artists I already have issues to know exactly what is needed for table cloths, curtains, all the small bits to not have the whole set flash blue ingame. I neded sometimes to visit the sims2artists several times for the required Master meshes, copy in text documents to keep all in mind... LOL !

Once I retextured a taroo sofa with rattan wood but the wood part always reverted back to the vanilla fugly simplan-X bed frame colour, so I simply took back Taroo's single sofa mesh (which is perfect). Problem solved !

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 10, 2015, 11:00AM »
Lol, sounds like a good idea. Have fun with it :)

Oh man, I have so many recolors of BB's niche set! I use it a lot at least, but I really hate digging for the recolor I want. The same can be said for the BV travel poster!

Offline MsSimmer

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 12, 2015, 12:54AM »
Hi All

one of the things I never DL is pets

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2015, 07:51AM »
I don't download elder clothing. :( Also I tend to stay away from Maxis Match.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 09, 2015, 11:21AM »
Lol I need to download more elder clothing cause I just don't have much good stuff. I feel bad that they're kind of ignored and look awful compared to the younger sims.

I don't like Maxis Match hair but the clothes are decent if done right. Hell they already look better with new shoes.

Hmm, I'm not sure if there's anything else I don't download *thinks*