Author Topic: Is there CC that you never downloaded at all ?  (Read 19241 times)

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
Is there CC that you never downloaded at all ?
« on: Oct 29, 2015, 06:44PM »
While at many places, there are topics about our favourite CC...

I'd find it interesting to know : what kind of CC that you never downloaded at all.

In my case, I never downloaded Maxis recolours for all related to pets, even if I like dogs and cats ingame and see them around.

I also never downloaded and used clothing for toddlers and children : they grow up so quickly that I think it isn't useful for me, in my opinion.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Is there CC that you never downloaded at all ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2015, 07:32PM »
Hmm, a custom pet coat. It's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2015, 09:02AM »
Genetized skintones and similar, as you can't have several sets, if I understand correctly.

I like to have a great variety of skintones, as it helps me to define the make up I'll use, especially for lips.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2015, 10:46PM »
Oh, yes! I don't download geneticized stuff either.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2015, 08:33AM »
Curtains, skintones, loads of make-up, tapestries, high poly objects.....

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2015, 11:08AM »
High poly objects can be painful, and hairs too. I still manage to end up with them :/
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2015, 07:58AM by yuichen »

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2015, 05:45AM »
I do to, I wish I knew how to see what the poly count is.  I know that Vita Sims has/had high poly objects although the stuff looks so amazing.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2015, 07:59AM »
You can find the poly count in simpe, but it would be annoying to look at everything before putting it in your game :/

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2015, 05:30PM »
I don't understand how polys are calculated per tile for objects and which is the standard poly count for Maxis items. How is it possible to view for Maxis objects in SimPE ?

Some people say that even some Maxis things can be high poly.

For Bodyshop I know that one boa by Bipsouille is extremely high poly. Each time I try and install it in my Downloads, browse the accessories, Bodyshop suddenly starts freezing for over two minutes. It's a pity because I like this boa, but I guess I can't use it properly on a Sim.

I never download Maxis match or Remi retextured hairs.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2015, 05:32PM by LizzyL »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2015, 08:18PM »
Open the mesh file in simpe and click the GMDC in the resource tree. To the left of the blue box you'll see the groups of the mesh with the face and vertex counts. The face count is your poly count. You'll have to add them all up between the groups to get the final count.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2015, 09:37AM »
Thank you for this little tip, yuichen.

I don't download many hair for males, except FtM conversions if they meet my needs for my male Sims and if they keep a male being masculine, also with long hair - no male bun or braids, I have no need for such male hair style.

I never download anything transgender, just because I'd never play transgender Sims. A male Sim can look great as Sim without female wear and high heels. I'd just change the make up and that's easy to do and perhaps a good FtM hair - then perhaps a bun or such, but I prefer curly hair then.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2015, 11:56AM »
It's hard to find good hair for men that doesn't look like it came out of an anime :(

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2015, 12:44PM »
This is true ! The best male outfits I ever found are from gogosims (closed). Now I don't mind some extravangant ones as by HIM666 from GoS, I think (I got those outfits still today).

Now for skirts for AM, I'd rather choose loin cloths and kilts. For themed clothes as prehistoric or Viking, Celtic, etc, it can be interesting.

I got an excellent dear gay friend who sometimes dressed up for fun many years ago (1980's) in San Francisco, LA clubs, also travestite, but he's still very male today, never changed it and he's an icon inside the gay community.

Some travestite clothes can be very good, but from simmergirl there isn't many choices for bodyshapes, they look too slim for me, while some travestites got more curves and such in RL.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2015, 03:25PM »
I'm not familiar with simmergirl bodyshapes so I can't really comment on those, but maybe someone will edit them a bit to be more like the RL shapes. One can only hope, huh?

As for your friend, he sounds like fun :) Glad he's so appreciated in the community.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2015, 07:13PM »
I wouldn't bother that much with more male bodyshapes It's already a bit of a hassle to sort and organise for female Sims, as from some retexturists meshes aren't always included or a few are still missing (Frannysims for example).

My friend who is gay isn't a Simmer at all. He's soon 61 and he's the one who inspired me the nice Garden of Delight house of which I've shown pics and on one room photo, a big painting framed with falling flowers shows him as he was in the 80's (his wild years  :)). Once a gay icon as model (and a bit more, hmm)... now he's back to farming and meditating... I guess he can be fun, but he also has a "difficult personality".