Author Topic: Sims4 at E3 2014  (Read 20554 times)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
Re: Sims4 at E3 2014
« Reply #30 on: Jun 28, 2015, 07:48AM »
Your husband's job sounds cool and hard.  I need to get a headstone for my mom.  I will work on that soon.  I am lucky that I can take vacation whenever but I tend not to,  I take days with my friends.  My boyfriend has only one week I think but he can't take it until next year after being on his job for a year.  We will not be able take vacation together until next year.

I have not seen any discounts on the game yet.  I think maybe it's not open to US and if it is I keep missing the deal.  I don't want to spend $20.00 on a download instead of a disc.  I hope I can catch it on sale one day.  I haven't played TS4 since April. :(

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jun 28, 2015, 11:28AM »
Aww, that sucks it wont be for quite a while :( Guess that's just how it goes though. But it is pretty cool to be able to take yours whenever.

His job is to take photos, adjust the resolution and alter them to grayscale so the etching will transfer properly. It's kind of like working with sims alphas in a way: the more white something is the more it will show up. He then puts it into a program, moves the granite piece onto the bed, and the laser does it. Then you rub a special white paint which fills in the rough spots from etching, and that's it :) There is also an artist they have who can color it. Man it looks beautiful. What sucks though is that they do it all in a small shop and he's the only one who does that particular job, so it can be difficult for him to take days off cause it kind of disrupts everything. This is where he works.

Last week I think it was, Outdoor Retreat went down to $15 on Origin as part of their site-wide sale. Do you have a twitter account? I follow The Sims, Sims VIP, and The Sims Community and rarely miss any sales that pop up. Through Origin anyway. Unfortunately CD Keys doesn't have the game or stuff packs.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2015, 11:33AM by yuichen »

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jun 28, 2015, 05:39PM »
Those pictures are awesome unfortunately giving the circumstances.  It also sucks that he can't take off because he's a one many show.

I don't have a twitter :(.  I thought I had signed up for emails through origin but I guess I was wrong.  Karen over at leefish told me she got a good deal gtw and or.  Slightly jealous.....

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jun 28, 2015, 05:49PM »
They deal with it if he absolutely needs to, but he tries to work around what's going on. Sometimes they're waiting on confirmation about certain details or the funds for a few days, and if there's not too much to do they can kind of lump them together in one day or two so he can take a little time off. As much money as they make I'm surprised they haven't hired another person for it because there are two machines.

I bet she did. Thankfully there seems to be a lot of sales that pop up. I see Target mentioned quite often, and Amazon. OR is full price at both right now unfortunately.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jun 28, 2015, 05:57PM »
Sad face.  I hate paying full price.  I am hoping there is a 4th of July sale. 

It's not like I have to have it but I really really really want it, lol.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jun 28, 2015, 06:12PM »
Lol I know what you mean. I'm sure something with come up :)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jun 28, 2015, 06:36PM »
Oh a way way way off topic, I am a flesh wound lol.