Author Topic: Contest Brainstorming  (Read 28580 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Contest Brainstorming
« Reply #15 on: Aug 21, 2010, 05:22PM »
I've never hosted one either, lol.

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 22, 2010, 07:30AM »
Neither have I, but whatever contests anyone wants to host here, I'm volunteering for making some prizes!

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #17 on: Aug 22, 2010, 07:59AM »
I made a Sim for a makeover contest, but I haven't gone any further than that. Hopefully once I feel better/get back from Boston, I'll be motivated to get the contest going.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 22, 2010, 12:31PM »
Alright, thanks for the heads up.
and YAY Io, you're so awesome! :)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2010, 12:39PM »
Hmm, we really need to do something to get it more lively in here. I was thinking of a couple things... let me know what you think and if you might be interested.

First, a round robin. I haven't participated in one yet but from what I can gather someone starts out and when the generation is over it's passed on to someone else. No idea how the house is handled, but anyway.

Second, a building and decorating challenge. Doesn't necessarily have to be a contest... I'd be happy with just getting people involved at all. So I'm thinking maybe taking an assigned space (a particular existing Maxis lot) or just building size specifications, and make either a business or community lot. It could be anything -restaurant, clothing store, whatever- with certain guidelines (I don't know, like a water feature or something). Just... something unique. And something to do for fun.

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2010, 11:07PM »
I've been lazy about setting up the makeover contest. I'm just not feeling too motivated lately. So whatever you can think of would be great.

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2010, 08:17AM »
Well as has been proven with our Bellamy round robin, I'm terribly slow with them. Each update comes over a month after another. But I thought of another half-assed idea for the forum: how about some bigger, themed project where people learn to and make CC for? Not exactly like the monthly themes like on Gos and BPS, and I don't know if it needs any sort of contest element in it, but something that the whole community can participate in, with uploads, pictures (like sort of inspirational photo sets?) and so on. Haven't really thought of it more.

I really like the lot decoration idea you're having too, Yuichen. Could it be combined with what I thought above? I guess to get things started we might need to get to doing something, because I'm itching to get to work with some larger project :) So volunteering for helping with anything you guys come up with! And if Kayleigh's alright with it, I could burp out another small makeover contest soon? Yes, no, maybe, let's think about it for another month? ;D <3

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2010, 10:58AM »
That's a good idea! We do have a section for events and I think a themed project would fit in there rather nicely :) The lot deco thing could work with it too.

Offline kayleigh83

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:24PM »
I've always liked artistic vision style contests - a few random words to inspire a creation. Could work well for either Sims or decorating challenges!

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 29, 2010, 11:19AM »
They are very interesting. I love a lot of the things the sim challenge at Gos has turned out :)

In any case, I have a one round (Kayleigh and I thought it was best to do smaller ones for now) building & deco challenge nearly ready. It's for both TS2 & TS3. The hold up is finishing the TS3 participation prize. It's taking me forever to finish and I really hope in the end it'll work out fine, otherwise I have no idea what I'll do >.>
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2010, 11:24AM by yuichen »

Offline Nicka

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 03, 2010, 11:46PM »
I think I've got an idea. It's crazy and I'm not sure if it's original or not but here I go.

You know those Top Model contests with horribly frankensimmed pictures and ~high fashion~? I was thinking we have a similar contest, except all the contestants must be ZOMBIES. :D Each user needs to take a smelly, rancid and rather dumb zombie into a fierce fashionista that can walk down the runway. It's somewhat original and it can be funny as well. I believe it is a contest that will be fun, exciting and not too complex. If anyone disagrees feel free to state it, but it's just an idea I had. Any opinions?

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:53AM »
Haha that sounds like it could be interesting! xD

Offline Nicka

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 04, 2010, 03:41PM »
I'm glad people like my idea :D Ja told me that if there were a contest then she wants to make the prizes. However she's busy with something else at the moment so I'd like to wait a week or two. If I get an ok from the mods I can get this contest in motion, I think it'll be so much fun. ;D

Offline Sizza

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:13PM »
I look forward to it :D

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 05, 2010, 10:54AM »
Yeah I think everyone's a bit busy at the moment but after the holidays it should be fine :)