Author Topic: Contest Brainstorming  (Read 28930 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Contest Brainstorming
« on: Jul 29, 2010, 04:06AM »
Got an idea for a contest or challenge you'd like to run by other members generating more interest? Sound off here!

Sizza's storytelling contest has been postponed for the time being (the thread has not been deleted but moved to moderator discussion for safe keeping) as the forum hasn't been terribly active, and aside from chatter there didn't seem to be a lot of interest at this point in time. When there is more interest in it however, should Sizza still want to host it, it'll be moved back here. In the meantime feel free to throw some ideas around.

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
Re: Contest Brainstorming
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:42PM »
I've actually got a makeover contest in the works, if that's alright with everyone.

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2010, 01:10PM »
Perfectly alright. I was thinking about hosting one of those too but I still haven't come up with some quirky bit to make it speshul and that would get people really excited so... But yes, yay, makeover contests are always fun :)

Offline Sizza

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2010, 12:19AM »
Sounds spiffy, Kayleigh. You also mentioned a house makeover contest. That sounded like fun too.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2010, 12:29AM »
I'd love the house makeover more just because I'm better at that sort of thing. But either way, both are awesome. I'd be happy just judging though... even if I've never done it, lol.

Offline DirtyLiberal

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
    • LJ
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2010, 06:36PM »
I haven't really thought about it and i don't know if it's been done before, as i haven't followed many contests, but how about one, where everyone is given the same main pieces of furniture and they have to use them in the room/s they decorate and furnish? Different recolors can be used and any size room, but the main pieces have to be incorporated (a couch, a bed, a vase and... a bike , for example) somehow. It would be interesting to see how people can create different things while using the same meshes and what they will add on their own.
Does that sound stupid? Or it's been done before?

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2010, 07:06PM »
Really like that idea! You mean people could and would be encouraged to try out recolouring objects (the main pieces) as well?

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2010, 08:38PM »
I think they did that at BPS once, it seemed interesting. I'm not going to host any house/room contests myself cause I know nothing about it, though. xD

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2010, 09:04PM »
I haven't really thought about it and i don't know if it's been done before, as i haven't followed many contests, but how about one, where everyone is given the same main pieces of furniture and they have to use them in the room/s they decorate and furnish? Different recolors can be used and any size room, but the main pieces have to be incorporated (a couch, a bed, a vase and... a bike , for example) somehow. It would be interesting to see how people can create different things while using the same meshes and what they will add on their own.
Does that sound stupid? Or it's been done before?

S2S did something similar last year, where each round there were certain things you had to have. It was called around the couch, and I think they might have gotten the idea from BPS. I participated (it was my first contest and I won o.O) and it was pretty fun :)

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2010, 01:01PM »
For what it's worth, I really, really like that room decor idea. Simple, yet challenging. :)

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2010, 01:16PM »
I concur. Only because I love to decorate rooms to my liking. Even the smallest little detail thrills me XD

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2010, 10:40PM »
I just like being able to manipulate and create things. Putting some restrictions on them makes it more challenging but it's so much fun then. I hope we have a contest soon!!!

Offline DirtyLiberal

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
    • LJ
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2010, 07:22PM »

S2S did something similar last year, where each round there were certain things you had to have. It was called around the couch, and I think they might have gotten the idea from BPS. I participated (it was my first contest and I won o.O) and it was pretty fun :)

Oh, nevermind then. I don't wanna be accused of stealing someone's idea.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2010, 08:59PM »
If you really think about it a lot of the contests around the sims community were borrowed off of someone else's ideas. I'm sure no one would accuse us of stealing it, and really all we'd have to do it put our own spin on it.

Offline DirtyLiberal

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
    • LJ
« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2010, 04:30PM »
Yeah, i guess that is true. I've never hosted a contest though, so i wouldn't even know where to begin  :-[ And i can't make any prizes either, so that would make a potential contest really, really boring, LOL!