Author Topic: Contest Brainstorming  (Read 28876 times)

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
Re: Contest Brainstorming
« Reply #30 on: Dec 05, 2010, 07:51PM »
It would probably be a good idea to wait until January to start it. Hopefully witht he new year we can set into motion our plans to get this place up and active.

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2011, 02:04PM »
Well, the holidays have come and gone! I hope everyone had a good, festive season.

How goes the ideas for a contest? I'm still game, and so many of these ideas sound so nifty! I can't wait!

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:00PM »
Not sure what is going on with the contests/challenges yet but an event will be announced next month.

I don't think it's been mentioned in here yet, but a breed out the ugly (or perhaps breed in the ugly) challenge could be interesting. I know they did it at GOS, but this could work for both games and maybe we could... throw something different in somehow. I don't know.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2011, 12:24AM by yuichen »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2011, 12:08PM »
Right, so, we've got some (kind of) ideas going. Let us know what you think.

1.) Sim challenge of some sort.
2.) Genes challenge (ugly to teh pretty or pretty to ugly?) with 10-15 set Maxis/EA townies & NPCs. For both games.

Also, just to mention it because I am bored and looking forward to both... two events in the future. One quite soon (expect an announcement in a couple weeks) and one for this time next year. Fun times.

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2011, 04:25PM »
I think the genes challenge would be interesting and cool to try. I've never done a contest before so I'm game for anything :)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:41AM »
I've been thinking about what we could add to it to make it a little different. Like for S2 players a requirement being an alien abduction (actual abduction not insim alien pregnancy) somewhere along x generations, and for S3.... have a ghost baby? It sounds simple enough in the wiki... you just pursue the ghosts found in the cemeteries like a regular living person.

I'm sure S2 players would probably use insim to age them up faster, and I believe S3 players can if they use awesome mod or that story progression thing (neither of which I do), but people would be encouraged to actually play it out.

In the meantime, Cadoc is testing a bigger and longer challenge (though could even be a contest depending on how you choose to look at it) in her own game we've been brainstorming the last couple days.