Author Topic: WIP Pictures Go Here  (Read 57598 times)

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
Re: WIP Pictures Go Here
« Reply #15 on: Jul 30, 2010, 03:54PM »
I've been avoiding working on my cij gift for gos because it is at a stage that's very tedious work and I'll really have to concentrate on it - not helped by the fact I've redone this part of it for three times already. So as a result, I've been making quick and easy bottoms! Besides the amaryll conversion for teens I posted here yesterday, today I finish(-ish)ed another one: Sentate's boho skirt with docs (original af mesh edit by Aelia) and Azaya's texture edits for teens. A mouthful. I still need to solve why a waist seam appears even when the normals should be correct and make a fat morph and finish the textures but I think the worst is over. Have a look:

Another thing I've been working on are these pants. I took Kayleigh's jeans edit, slimmed them down to look like straight (but not skinny) trousers and added Amaryll's flats. Again, some trouble with the mesh (fat morph seems to have a gap at the waist with some tops though the vertices are exactly where they should O_o) These are just testing textures, but show my idea pretty well:

Finally, a project I put on hold until Christmas in July is over with, outerwear for men. A peacoat from H&M stuff pack slimmed down and with Kayleigh's jeans with chucks. Linked picture because big. What do you think?

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:27PM »
I love them all! :) I'm really excited for the slimmer pants with flats, but the male outfit will be so great to have. I don't have a lot of good outerwear that is still casual.

I have a hard time getting rid of waist gaps myself =/

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:45PM »
iooooooioiiooio <3 :)
I already said I love the outerwear, but the other stuff is looking cute too :3

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 30, 2010, 05:25PM »
Thanks you two :) I suspect I'll be pulling your sleeve a lot about the mesh issues later, Kayleigh. When I won't be as exhausted as I'm now.

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2010, 05:35PM »
I also love the outerwear. It's so adorable!

Offline DirtyLiberal

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
    • LJ
« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2010, 06:25PM »
I love the black boots on the skirt and the pants are really cute.
Outrwear for men? Hell, yes!

Offline oph3lia

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • My dreamwidth
« Reply #21 on: Aug 02, 2010, 11:40AM »
I really love that skirt, iosaur  ;D The pants and outerwear are looking good too :)

Some hair re-textures I started awhile back and half forgot about

Peggy braids (the scalp, although re-textured is rather blurry due to the mapping; the 'holders' have been re-textured and the bottom of the braid has been re-alpha'd/textured)

The ends on this one are a bit light but it's due to trying to get the back section to blend colours properly with the shorter part (stupid peggy mapping)

I wanted to use the original fringe/bangs alpha but I haven't quite managed to get it to line up right :(

Weird light piece on the right side of the fringe/bangs that I can't seem to fix

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:30PM »
They all look really good! I think my favorite it the last one :)

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #23 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:36PM »
My suggestion for the bangs is the liquify tool, ophe3lia. :) They look nice, though, really.

Offline oph3lia

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • My dreamwidth
« Reply #24 on: Aug 02, 2010, 08:59PM »
Thanks yuichen, kayleigh :)

Erm I don't know where to find the liquify tool in photoshop  :-[

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 02, 2010, 09:15PM »

that's at least where it's in my version of PS :)

Good work salvaging those older hair meshes, especially the back of the braids is the type I always get frustrated with. I'd have to say the second Peggy hair is my favourite. Thanks for the comments, too!

Offline DirtyLiberal

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
    • LJ
« Reply #26 on: Aug 02, 2010, 10:56PM »
Oph3lia, i am really loving the long Peggy hair. I've always liked that mesh, but i haven't found a good retexture of it yet. The first XM one is looking really pretty, too.

Io, are you by any chance retexturing the Rose mesh  :-[ ? Found it!

Offline oph3lia

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • My dreamwidth
« Reply #27 on: Aug 03, 2010, 09:18AM »
Iosaur, ahh thank you, I shall play around with that  :D Yeah I like that peggy hair too XD The scalp of the braids took ages to do.

DirtyLiberal, thanks, it looks a lot like my hair did before I grew my fringe out. I found a nouked version once but I've not seen it pookleted. Hopefully I can fix up the alignment issue on the first XM one :)

Offline Sathairn

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • advance and follow
« Reply #28 on: Aug 06, 2010, 06:57PM »
(Sorry about forgetting this thread! I'll try to fix the dreads as soon as I can, I'll put them on the side for the moment...) Oph3lia, I love your hair retextures! I think it's really cool that someone's fixing up old Peggy meshes with their crappy mapping :D Love the XM hairs too, I used to use the last one of yours all the time back in the day :P I hope you can fix up the alignment on the first one ^^

I was doing some Rose hairs for somebody today @_@ Is this okay? I was worrying about the light bits at the side. Rose's mapping makes me want to pull all my hair out, it's that bad :P I tried to match the textures to the highlights in the hair...

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #29 on: Aug 07, 2010, 03:05AM »
I've retextured a Rose hair before. The mapping is difficult but it IS possible to line up the highlights correctly. I say just keep trying until they all line up. I personally can't stand to download a hair unless the highlights are perfect.