Author Topic: Non-Sims Gaming  (Read 65288 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Non-Sims Gaming
« on: Jul 10, 2010, 09:46PM »
Obviously The Sims aren't the only games we play. What are some of your favorites or recommendations?

As said in the admin intro thread I play Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I also really liked Bioshock (currently still playing through the 2nd), Rock Band, and am a huge fan of the Tomb Raider series. Alright, excluding Angel of Darkness :P Oh, and the first Uncharted. I've played through that game so many times it's crazy. I'm hoping to get the next one soon among a bunch of others because someone keeps hounding me about them.

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
Re: Non-Sims Gaming
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2010, 09:51PM »
hahah :D

man I have a list so long it's not funny. My current love is Red Dead Redemption but I also love Uncharted 1 & 2, Call of Duty (all of them), Bad Company 1, Lego Harry Potter, Burnout Paradise, and Tomb Raider.  Those are all for PS3 but I also play other computer games...mostly like hidden object games, Nancy Drew and sometimes action games. It all depends if my computer allows me to play them.

RDR is my life though. I love it. I play multiplayer all the time. XD

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2010, 10:43PM »
I play L4D1 and 2, and I have Bioshock 1, Borderlands, and Half-Life 2. But I get bored with single-player games after having played online so I don't really play anything aside from L4D2, because the first one's graphics just aren't as good.

Offline PhoenixFG

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • Winchester Legacy&Other Tales
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2010, 03:25AM »
Let's see.  Currently I'm playing The Witcher, Uncharted, God of War(I and II), Heavy Rain...I like action games but first person shooters make me nausea so I have to play them in increments.   Lame! >:(

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2010, 08:05AM »
Heavy Rain is on my list of games to get. Well that and a million other games. :D

I forgot to mention that I love the Assassin's Creed games. <3

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2010, 06:55PM »
I get motion sickness when I play Half-Life 2, Phoenix. ): I get a LITTLE bit on Bioshock but not bad. Half-Life 2 I can only play for about an hour before I start to feel ill.

Offline Sizza

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2010, 12:51AM »
I like Dragon age a lot and I'm currently waiting for the expansion to get lower in price.
I enjoy Diablo 2 a lot, but it´s rather old, so the graphics are kinda sucky (and playing the game for the 5th time is a bit tiring :P ), so now I´m waiting for the 3rd one in the series to come out, it´s going to be rad!
But my all time favorite games, exept sims 2, are the Monkey island games, they´re just so silly and pretty hilarious.

Offline loneviolist

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2010, 03:24PM »
At the moment I'm playing Bioshock and Borderlands. With a bit of The Saboteur. I like L4D but it gives me motion sickness. I might install borderlands on the desktop and try and persuade R into some multiplayer action.

And the sekrit addction? Empire: Total War.

Offline Sathairn

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • advance and follow
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2010, 03:28PM »
I usually play city builder games or FPSs. Ooh, and some RPGs as well. I've been wanting to try one of the games in the Final Fanasty series, I'd like moar games for my D XD I really want to try Persona 3 or 4, my friend loves those games... I love playing Metal Gear Soild 2, I've only completed the game on Normal, I gave up on hard XD Also I found my old Pokemon games a wee while ago, and they are as fun as I remember XD I was thinking about getting one of the newer ones... I'd like to try Dragon Age as well. Is it good? Just asking ^^

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2010, 10:25AM »
I haven't played it myself but I've heard a ton of good things about Dragon Age. For a while there it seemed like just about everyone on my lj friends list was playing it.

I recently picked up Read Dead Redemption per someone's constant prodding and it's pretty good! :)

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2010, 04:06PM »
Red Dead Redemption
Assassin's Creed 2
Uncharted 1 and 2
God of War 1, 2, 3
Borderlands
Dragon Age
Heavy Rain
Okami
Katamari Damacy
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Harry Potter
Shadow of the Colossus
Oblivion
Bioshock
Metal Gear Solid 4
Rock Band 2

I think that's it for now...those are most of my favorites, for now...
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2010, 09:34PM by Cadoc »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2010, 04:39PM »
You have the Uncharteds there twice ;)

Someone told me I should get Borderlands. How is it? Obviously it's a favorite of yours, lol, but...?

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2010, 05:26PM »
she wanted me to get it so we could play together XD I never looked into it because my gamestop didn't have it

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2010, 09:40PM »
>.> No I don't... <.<

Now, I do like Borderlands, but there's a catch: if you play the entire thing by yourself, you might get bored with it. I played it with RJ 2x so far and it's been a blast every moment of the way. I did grind by myself for a bit and I kinda got sick of it. But with another player, it's 1000x more fun.

I love the cel-shaded style to it, it's got an interesting storyline to it, I liked the beasties and most of the missions, fighting could get rough and messy but it made it fun with how adreniline pumping it got. I loved the humor in it, and I LOVE the CL-4P TR-4P guys!!!!!! And the Midget King Wee Wee....lol....

Not a standard Third-Person Shooter. If you're worried, rent it. If you think you'll like it, or you enjoy that style and like some rough humor, buy it.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 31, 2010, 09:59PM »
There's nowhere to rent locally anymore. I guess I could look for somewhere online tho