Author Topic: Twilight Discussion  (Read 9469 times)

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
Twilight Discussion
« on: Jul 09, 2010, 02:45PM »
I have a confession to make. I hated Twilight and Breaking Dawn. The only two that I enjoyed reading was New Moon and Eclipse. I would suggest renting New Moon, it is the love.  :-*
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2010, 07:37PM by kayleigh »

Offline PhoenixFG

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • Winchester Legacy&Other Tales
Re: Best TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2010, 03:09PM »
I can't even get through the first book!:( The writing annoys me.  Probably because I keep thinking about the movie and how horrible th acting was. How seriously horrible it was!:(

I did watch True Blood online but my connection sucked so hard that I just couldn't be bothered anymore!

One of my friends said those are the two books I'd like because of the werewolves but meh...I have to read the whole series to fully understand and I don't want to do that.  Probably not anyways.  Who knows!?

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2010, 03:13PM »
I can totally understand where you  are coming friend. I love to write and even started to write a fan fiction of my own. Yui loved it a lot that she said I could prolly write a better Twilight then it was lol The acting was horrible in Twilight but it got better in New Moon. You can't blame them with the little amount of many they had to play with. I dunno.

It does take some getting used to. I wasn't too into it until Jacob popped up. The werewolves are awesome. I hate those dang sparkling vampires! ugh. Though I do adore Alice and Jasper and Dr. Carlisle.

Bella, don't get me started on her. ugh.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2010, 07:23PM »
Boring Bella! ::)

When I read the books I liked them a lot. Well, not so much the last one. Renesmee creeped me the hell out and suddenly Boring Bella was OMG SUPER AMAZING VAMPIRE NEWBORN!!1!1! Ugh. But anyway while I read them I thought they were pretty good, and when I was done I started thinking about all the ridiculous things and was very "meh" about it all. Twilight was a horrible movie. Hated the blue tinge of everything, the way Boring Bella blinked 3597538 times whenever she talked, and really let's be honest, not only the sparkling affect but the horrible sparkling sound!

Man has this thread gone off track :P

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2010, 07:27PM »
I liked the first three Twilight books, but Breaking Dawn was like vomit closed between pages. |:<

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2010, 07:33PM »
Lmao, I guess so xD

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
Re: Twilight Discussion
« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2010, 07:45PM »
You have no idea. lol sorry  if I spawned that XD

anyway. oh the sparkles made me want to  hurl. at least they did a somewhat better job in New Moon  but still.

LOL

Kayleigh I love you! That describes BD perfectly

Offline Tanathir

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2010, 01:34AM »
I've read lengthy excerpts and studied the plots online.  From what I've researched, the writing is terrible and the morals are not cool.  Stalking and messing with one's property are NOT romantic.  The books are obviously written from a Mormon perspective, as the ultimate thing is to get married and have kids.  I actually worry that impressionable preteen girls are going to think all this stuff is a romantic ideal.

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2010, 01:38AM »
See, when I read the books, I didn't think of it as stalking and messing with property. It didn't cross my mind at all. I just read it as a book about vampires. People take things way too seriously. Yeah, I'm not much a fan of Twilight and I'm annoyed at parts of it, but I never noticed any of those issues until people pointed them out to me. I didn't read the books to criticize them and post online about how awful they were, I just read the books. Just read them. Like every other book. I didn't read them more than once, I didn't analyze them, I didn't even talk about them really. I just read them, said "Hey I enjoyed that book" and put them down.

Offline Simbic

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • Simbic
« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2010, 02:09AM »
See, when I read the books, I didn't think of it as stalking and messing with property. It didn't cross my mind at all. I just read it as a book about vampires. People take things way too seriously. Yeah, I'm not much a fan of Twilight and I'm annoyed at parts of it, but I never noticed any of those issues until people pointed them out to me. I didn't read the books to criticize them and post online about how awful they were, I just read the books. Just read them. Like every other book. I didn't read them more than once, I didn't analyze them, I didn't even talk about them really. I just read them, said "Hey I enjoyed that book" and put them down.

Same here :/ I didn't read them for the sake of finding things to criticize -- I read them because I heard they were good, so like anyone would do, I picked them up, read them, and liked what i read. It was my closest friend at the time who pointed out all the things wrong with the story, so these days it's hard for me to read them realizing what I do now. The fact is that I do find Bella and Edward's relationship a dangerous example for girls, but I wouldn't have even considered it that first time I read the books. The Mormon undertones and Edward and Bella's obsessive and weird behavior -- never would have occurred to me, which, these days, makes me feel stupid.

It's not the best writing, not the best character or plot development, but people make so much of even just reading the damn things -- like, how is it even your business, dude?!

Anyway, that's basically a huge confession, I don't think I've ever told anyone that for fear of the reaction. I liked the first one, really dug the second (Jacob Jacob, derpies), Eclipse was cool beans and I got halfway through Breaking Dawn before giving up. I got sick of it. The problem with Smeyer is that she'll fill pages and chapters and chapters with nothing of any substance, any shred of relevance whatsoever. It's as if she's getting paid by the word or something, it's totally ridic.

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2010, 02:15AM »
I liked S. Meyer's writing because it was casual. It wasn't difficult to read. I didn't have to think about what I was reading, or have to look up a word or anything. I could just read it. And I like that because when I read, I read entire books in one sitting. I don't like to stop in the middle because I forget things easily and it confuses me. I hated reading things for school because you'd get yelled at if you read ahead, so I ended up not finishing a lot of those books. I just got tired of not remembering what was going on and then having to take tests over it. Reading should be fun. It should be something you enjoy doing. But when you're being hounded on the ~meanings~ behind things, it gets annoying. It's different when you've read the book already and are going through it another time to pick out those things, but most of the books they throw at you, you've never read before so it's like you have to know everything already but you couldn't possibly.

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2010, 10:45AM »
I agree with you all. I too believe that a book should be easy to read and enjoyable. Something that you might want to pick up and read again. That is not the case with Twilight.  I would rather write my own stuff then read that dribble. I mean I did go see New Moon in theaters and I plan to go see Eclipse on Monday but you couldn't pay me any amount of money to go see Breaking Dawn. I'd rather go to the dentist and have all my teeth ripped out. >.>