Author Topic: Your Thoughts on Generations  (Read 4691 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Your Thoughts on Generations
« on: Jun 08, 2011, 12:48PM »
Now that Generations is out, what are your favorite things about it? What do you hate?

I haven't gotten too far in yet, but I love the new interactions with toddlers and children, as well as the romantic ones. While I haven't gotten my couple married yet, I really love the idea of bachelor/bachelorette parties, and more snazzy weddings in general. The child and teen pranks are kind of cute, and I especially like the clubhouses.

I'm not terribly in love with midlife crisis. I get the idea behind it and it IS a nice change I suppose, but I found myself rather annoyed that right after I moved the sim out of the house I loved so much per her request, she immediately wanted to quit her job and get a makeover. I wonder what else there is...

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
Re: Your Thoughts on Generations
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2011, 04:23PM »
I really like the romantic interaction like the make a move. The stargazing is really cute too. Love the new children's furniture like the bunk beds too and how you can hide the crib underneath the loft bed. Helps with space that's for sure.

Haven't really plated that much with it yet but I'm sure there are more fun things to discover. I'm with you though about the midlife crisis. it annoys me when I had my sim snug in her apartment and had to move her and decorate a new place :/

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2011, 07:02PM »
Sloane's midlife crisis finally ended. After a $120,000+ home, $40,000 car, quitting her job and demanding a makeover, it wasn't soon enough. She's happy as hell now, but I take it that it doesn't happen for everyone. Jesse's been an adult for a couple days now and he hasn't had any issues. Hers started right away.

I love the bunk and loft beds too. I keep ending up in houses with tiny rooms and it saves a lot of space. Oh yes, and an adult teaching a teen to drive... adorable.

Offline Avelina

• One Who Says Ni
  • <3 <3 <3
    • View Profile
    • Litera Scripta Manet
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:00PM »
I am so glad adults can sleep on the bunk beds. I am limited with space and they are a life saver when you don't have the money to purchase extensions.