Author Topic: IMPORTANT! Update Your Passwords!  (Read 5597 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
IMPORTANT! Update Your Passwords!
« on: Feb 16, 2011, 01:23PM »
Due to the increase of sites being hacked in the community lately I would like to remind you all to use secure passwords, or change them if you happen to use anything you have ever used at TSR. They can see everything you've used for as long as you've been a member, and have been known to use them to hack into accounts elsewhere. Because obviously someone has too much time on their hands to go around and check >.>

So, more or less, your pet Fifi's name is not advised, nor is your name with numbers, or something similar. For best results think of a phrase and write down the first letter of each word. For example, in the Muse song I'll grab the random line I want to exorcise the demons from your past. So you'd have iwtetdfyp. Now replace any letters that are similar with a number or punctuation and throw in random caps, such as !w2e7dFyp. Now add random punctuation: !w2;e7d@Fyp.

I don't necessarily feel UYS has anything to worry about, but PLEASE update your passwords anyway.

For more information read Coconut's blog and a recent post at Garden of Shadows.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2011, 01:36PM by yuichen »