Author Topic: Lots and Lots of... Lots?  (Read 38618 times)

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
Re: Lots and Lots of... Lots?
« Reply #45 on: Oct 26, 2015, 09:39AM »
Thank you London :)

Yuichen, Helgasims closed around 2010 or 2011 very suddenly. Helga had clothes that Rhondalatte had posted in a special section at BPS. Now BPS is gone... But I got most of Helga's clothes for AF and always kept her original 5th avenue residential lot which inspired me for the makeover, on a smaller lot with Mootilda's lotadjuster.

I would have liked to improve a bit the cave house on a normal lot, using another tool by Mootilda, to curve the foundation, as from her Shell house at MTS. But I played around with that tool to figure out new values to enter and I didn't manage it until now. So I found some easier small tricks from Mikeinside's building tutorial for houses sticked to a mountain.

Here are random pics of a Spanish house I made. And for this, the roofing was a little bit hard. The house is huge and I didn't furnish all the room under the roofs.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Oct 26, 2015, 11:07AM »
Oh my god, that's so beautiful, Lizzy! You're so thorough with all the little details, especially the landscaping. That's definitely not my strongsuit so I'm always in awe of places that look real because of it.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Oct 26, 2015, 08:23PM »
Landscaping and adding a lot of plants and trees outside, to make a place look almost like a small forest, it's what I like best. I love to creat small inside gardens as well behind a glass window, just like for my Garden of Delight house here (a bit picture heavy) :

I made this house when thinking of a lovely friend who adores plants, tropical flowers. He owns a little farm in his old days now and has over 10 cats (lol).

Garden of Delight is then more a single "old" man's house but with a big garden to relax and still party near the swimming pool.

It's really the kind of house that I find very attractive (like the old man... hehe).

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Oct 26, 2015, 09:35PM »
Ha, sounds like my kind of friend! ;)

Ugh, I love this though! Does your game bog down a bit with all those trees in addition to the stuff in the house? My game sure doesn't like it.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Oct 27, 2015, 02:46PM »
For the moment, I put those houses on a testing lot, as I'm cleaning my objects.

Generally my game doesn't like high poly objects. Then for some houses, I'd remove them all and replace with Maxis objects even if it doesn't look as fabulous. I also need to be cautious with Sims having high poly hair, also on both residential and community lots. But I can clone them in Bodyshop with other hair. However it's less important now because I don't play families much today. I hate the constant visits of NPC...

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Oct 27, 2015, 05:06PM »
I do too. I'm not sure if there's a mod for that, but if not, there should be >.>

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Oct 27, 2015, 06:09PM »
The only trick I know is locking the house door for visitors. Because it's so damn annoying when I pose Sims for preview pics on a lot I use for this, and the postman stops by, walks around, while I want to take a pic for outfits to preview. Then there's that other NPC bringing a computer as a welcome gift, trying to find somebody to chat with... So for clothing preview pics I still prefer to use Bodyshop, in one click the picture is taken.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Oct 27, 2015, 10:18PM »
Oh my god, that computer guy -.- And the damn welcome wagon if it's a new lot you're using! I haven't had a lot of trouble with them in that regard, but I've been using the same lots and sims to take pics for a couple years now. I'm lazy, lol.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Oct 28, 2015, 07:47PM »
I'm also lazy, for preview pics. But as long as those pics are for me to know what is what... Too many people still never add preview pics in their folders to download. It annoys me more than other things.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Oct 28, 2015, 09:59PM »
I don't add photos to my zips, but I also assume people will be installing them right away so they won't need it. I'm also operating on the fact that I always delete people's images when they get dumped in my downloads folders. I realize some people don't, but I've just gotten used to my own system. Plus my downloads always have the same filename as the set, so they're easily found on the site.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Oct 29, 2015, 11:11AM »
But when a site is closed and their CC is no longer anywhere, I prefer to have preview pics or I do my own for them and I compress if necessary because I might have duplicates of those pics anyway.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Oct 29, 2015, 12:43PM »
That is completely understandable, I agree with you there. Also quite helpful if a place like sims2graveyard is archiving their files.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Oct 29, 2015, 06:39PM »
For WCIFs, pics are of course also useful.

Yuichen, I posted a topic with a question about possible Aspiration themes as they were done at WNF a while ago... It could be some fun to have something similar here, but not monthly.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Oct 29, 2015, 07:38PM »
I just saw it. Sounds really good to me :) Hopefully the other active members here will see it and tell us what they think too.

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Oct 29, 2015, 10:32PM »
This would be great. Why not create a sort of poll ?