Author Topic: Maxis Makeover Building Challenge | November 2015  (Read 9262 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Maxis Makeover Building Challenge | November 2015
« on: Nov 04, 2015, 10:00PM »

Welcome to the UYS Maxis Makeover Building/Decorating Challenge! First and foremost we'd like everyone participating to have fun. This is in no way a competition riddled with rules or deadlines, but a way for our members to come together and share the love of building and decorating.

Please note that although this is a bimonthly challenge you will not need to finish before the next one begins. Threads will remain open for anyone to participate at any time, allowing new or returning members to get in on the fun if they're arriving a bit late. Let's be honest, life is a bitch and tends to get in the way!

Every challenge will feature one lot from each Sims game. Some months will feature residential while others will have community. If it is determined that participants all have the same EP perhaps we will do vacation destination, downtown lot, etc. You do not have to do all three game challenges if you have them installed!

The goal is to take a dud and make it snazzy. Change or remove roof types. Tear out interior walls and readjust layouts. Throw in your favorite windows and doors, replace gross wallpaper with modern panels and trade that nasty floral couch in for a sexy leather sofa. Think of it as an empty canvas, for the most part! You've got an endless pile of money so why not make it everything you've ever wanted?

There are some, yes. We want to have as little as possible so not to stunt your creativity! Plus we're lazy and don't want to enforce them.

Challenge Rules
  • HAVE FUN!
  • Exterior walls must remain the same shape.
  • You may add or resize porches as long as there are no walls. However, you can get around this using fencing that looks like full height windows. Sneaky sneaky! ;)
  • Community lots cannot change type.

We only ask that the outside of the chosen building maintain it's shape, otherwise you're completely demolishing the place and it no longer holds resemblance to the original. Community lots are to be redesigned with their original purpose in mind: a coffee shop must remain a coffee shop.

You may use any wall coverings, windows/doors, roofing, etc you want. There are no CC restrictions- use as much or as little as you'd like!

Please note: Sims2 players may remove angled walls stretching from the main roof peak to the porch as they are technically roof pieces.

That aside, the only other rule is that you must post in the challenge thread. Standard posting rules apply.

Your November 2015 challenge lots are all base game residential homes. Make the occupants as poor or wealthy as you'd like!

11 Oak Street, Pleasantview
Download @ TS2 Lot Database

Wagner's Repose
250 Redwood Pkwy, Sunset Valley

Granada Place, Oasis Springs

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2016, 02:05PM by yuichen »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Maxis Makeover Building Challenge | November 2015
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2015, 10:00PM »
Participants

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2016, 12:03PM by yuichen »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2016, 02:22PM »
I have to say I am not a fan of big houses :/ Because it was so big I decided not to make crazy changes. My main objectives were to brighten it up a bit and take advantage of those great views.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2016, 02:31PM »

The kitchen was the first room I worked on. I thought it would be amazing to have a quick breakfast at the island overlooking the coast.

The bathroom seems a bit darker than I remember, and looking at it now I'm not very fond of it.

I love the upstairs bathroom though.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2016, 02:41PM »
Finally, the last set of pictures! Sorry there's so many... I can't not show all the rooms even if I'm not crazy about them.

A little solarium off the master bedroom. The challenge rules state that you can't remove or add outer walls so I simply removed the fencing of that little room of the original house, and used moveobjects to place windows to close it in.

An artist loft of sorts that is really too large and empty for my taste, but by this time I was sick of going in and out of the game to get more CC (I wonder if there even is a rug that looks paint spattered?), so I left it as is. I also apparently forgot to change the wallpaper around the upper windows.

A tiny library above the loft.

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:16PM »
Gah. So pretty. I don't care what you think.

You did a really good job. I'm working on this now and the solarium is a perfect fix for that stupid little spot. Don't know what they were thinking with that or the chimney. I hope I have enough stuff in my game to decorate it though. Your decor skills are impressive.

Also--your color palette is lovely. I would live there. And relax. A lot. :P

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:36PM »
Think of all the writing that could be done there! But yes, that upper porch room was kind of silly... and thanks! :P

I look forward to seeing yours!

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2016, 11:57AM »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile