Author Topic: Prince Edward Island 2015  (Read 10423 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Prince Edward Island 2015
« on: Aug 30, 2015, 10:23PM »
I'm being super lazy by just pulling pics off my instagram instead of editing the originals properly, but here are some pics I took while on vacation.

This is the Confederation Bridge, a 15ish minute long drive from New Brunswick to Prince Edward Island. It's privately owned (therefore well maintained >.>) and made a much faster way to get there as people use to have to take a ferry. It's only 18 years old.

On the way back home the last quarter of it was completely in fog. It was both creepy and awesome.

The private beach where we stayed. The sand was super soft in the water this year for some reason and it was difficult to walk without sinking.

Sunset at the cottage the first night.

The Greenwich National Park. I've been wanting to go the last couple times we've been on the island but for whatever reason never made it out there. It took quite a while just to get to the boardwalk section as there was a really long path that went along some fields until eventually you reach the woods, and then the boardwalk. It was so beautiful there and we picked the perfect day to go! It was cooler and not quite so humid.

Sunset at the Point Prim Lighthouse.

When I feel less lazy I'll post other pics.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 10:25PM by yuichen »

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
Re: Prince Edward Island 2015
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2015, 05:58PM »
Those pictures are so amazing.  I am really happy that you got to go on vacation.  It sure looks like you have a beautiful place to relax and refocus.  Slightly jealous of that location.  The water looks to refreshing.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2015, 11:49PM »
Aside from the mosquito issue it was pretty relaxing. Yay for bugspray. The water is fairly warm. I think that's part of the reason we keep going there vs Hampton Beach, NH like we did when we first moved in together. Though the water did feel slightly warmer where we stayed facing the mainland than facing open ocean at Greenwich.

The husband is talking about going back next year but I think I'd rather wait an extra one. It's such an exhausting long drive and I'm not sure I could take dealing with it again that "soon".

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2015, 05:28PM »
Men are stranger than we are.

I like water that is warm but not too warm.  Those pictures makes me miss Italy.  I haven't been on a vacation since I did a cruise in 2013.  I do love those pictures.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2015, 07:42PM »
A cruise sounds lovely! :D

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2015, 06:06PM »
It was nice just too short. When you take a cruise they want you back on the ship to spend your money there not at the ports.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2015, 04:27PM »
I'm sure you're right about that. I don't know where I would want to go. Actually, as it stands now I couldn't get off the ship at port anyway, I don't have a passport that allows for it... I just have the card type that is good in north america.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2015, 10:13PM »
Oh okay.  They ask you to bring a passport.  There places that you might be able to go that doesn't require the passport.  Once I got on the ship, I never showed my passport after boarding the ship.  Hmmm.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2015, 11:53AM »
I think I could go but would just have to stay on it until we got back stateside. I could deal with that I guess, or splurge for the regular passport.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2015, 06:06PM »
How much does it cost?  I think mine was under 100 usd.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2015, 06:52PM »
I think the regular is 100ish. The card, with the fees, were like... half? I still have 4 years on it if I remember correctly.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2015, 10:24PM »
I had to renew mine.  The first one I got was when I lived in Italy it took like a day to get it, this second took like a month or so.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2015, 12:04PM »
Wow, only a day? That's pretty awesome!

I mentioned this to my husband and he said some cruises have a zone you can roam around in off the boat, but you can't go outside of it without a passport. We discussed places to go someday. I'd like to see Santorini, Rome, wander various ruins in South America, and maybe Hawaii. He wants to go to Australia. But in the near future we'd like to ride the train that goes across Canada and through the mountains out west.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 14, 2015, 06:19PM »
I can't wait to see and hear all about it.  Italy is amazing in my opinion I am a little biased.  I have never had a desire to go to Africa north or south.  They have to many kidnappings there but the other places I would go in a minute.  I like kangaroo's so visiting the down under sounds great.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2015, 07:24PM »
My brother-in-law has gone to Italy twice. I know at least one of the times was Rome, but I'm not sure if they went other places the other time.