Author Topic: Multi-game challenges coming soon!  (Read 9121 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Multi-game challenges coming soon!
« on: Aug 29, 2015, 10:53AM »
MsSimmer and I have been discussing a Maxis Match building challenge off and on the last month, and I've decided to launch it in September. It'll have one lot from each game so everyone can participate, and it will remain open so it can be completed at any time... even if it's 6 months from now! ;) I'd like to make it a bimonthly thing but we'll see how it goes.

While I know building isn't for everyone, I was wondering if you guys would like to do a sim makeover in between the building ones? Or hell, even if it runs the same time?

Offline MsSimmer

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-game challenges coming soon!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2015, 08:32PM »
That's great I am all in, but I not a builder and do not have that kind of time. However, I would love to do a do-over of a sims 2 house (for me lol). May I suggest maybe a poll or one or two choices to pick from.

Can we gut the house and remodel, change doors/window put add-on etc or must we keep the structure and just decorate?

Anywho let us know and I am there! Oh, can we post suggestions for the house also?

Once everything is together and the rules and the post is set, I will announce it on Sims Para and link/direct it back to UYS page :)
London

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2015, 09:42PM »
You could take half a year to do the place if you wanted to, there's no time constraints at all. Don't feel like you need to rush. But you don't have to do any building if you don't want to. The only rules are not to change the exterior wall shape, and in the case of any community lots to keep it the same type (coffee houses remain coffee houses).

Basically you could keep the layout the same if you wanted to and change all the decor inside, with new windows, flooring, furniture, etc. Or you could completely gut the interior and create a layout more to your liking, with whatever decor you want. Guess it depends on how ambitious you feel or what you have time for.

And I suppose a thread and poll would be fine to suggest and decide on the lot. There's definitely one from Strangetown I'd like to suggest.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015, 09:46PM by yuichen »

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2015, 09:35PM »
This sounds and looks interesting.  I suppose this could be easy considering not actually reconstruction just upcycling the house.  Unless I missed the mark, which I often do.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2015, 09:52PM »
Nope, you got it :)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2015, 08:25PM »
Well I might try it, lol.  MIGHT!

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2015, 07:44AM »
So here is my dumb question before 6 am.  The houses will be uploaded here empty and we design to our hearts content?  Do you need help getting the houses uploaded?  I could pull the TS2 and TS4 houses.  I don't have TS3.  Are are you rebuilding the shells?

Well after reading another thread I see you have already completed the above question.  That house from strangetown is super not cute....:(
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2015, 07:47AM by ranabluu »

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2015, 10:49AM »
Nope, the houses are already in the challenge thread :) You only need to download them if you've already changed that lot or deleted it.

You can do anything you want to it, including removing or changing the roof style, as long as the outside wall shape stays the same. For example, I'm currently working on the Sims4 house and I pulled off the roofs. I'm going to leave it flat, and considering the flat part over the porch is working as a roof, I might take that off too. I haven't decided if I'll just change the... awning style or drop it completely. I'm not sure what to call that thing, with holes in it and all.
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2015, 10:54AM by yuichen »

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2015, 10:51AM »
I honestly never even played Strangetown, lol.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2015, 10:56AM »
The only time I did was to see the alien birth thing because I'd never managed to get an abduction until a few years ago... and even then I used a modded telescope cause it just wasn't happening.

But anyway, that lot is complicated and it should be interesting to make it nice. I had an idea for it but now I can't seem to remember what it was >.>

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2015, 12:21PM »
That's always my problem.  I don't have any ideas but one and that's to try and make it amazing.  Now I need to figure out how to use those "osmp or omsp" things, and the cheats snap on, and angle 45 degree.  But if we can gut the inside it should be interesting.  Although I suck at stuff like this, I really want to try it out.  I am going to move my stuff out of my download folder and put challenge stuff in since my game will not stuff with all of the junk I have in there already.  I think I have orphan meshes.  That's another topic. 

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2015, 12:27PM »
Ugh, orphan meshes. I know I have plenty of those!

I recommend the shiftable OMSPs by Silent Lucidity at MTS. They're a lot easier to use and you don't have to go through 387387 pegs in your surfaces area. I prefer the ones that only show up in collections so they're not clogging up the place. Otherwise the cheats are easy... just remember to close them when you're done!

moveobjects on
boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true
do your stuff
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation false
boolprop snapobjectstogrid true
moveobjects off

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2015, 11:35PM »
(TS3) I was poking around Twinbrook and there's a lovely I-don't-know-what-I-would-do-with-it house that might work for the next one...?

"Ancient Modernity"
6 Willowdale Lane

Otherwise that atrocity in Sunset Valley that was already nominated makes me very, very afraid. Therefore, it is a great choice. :)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 08, 2015, 11:50PM »
Ha, I see what you mean... ought to be interesting! :P