Author Topic: Maxis Makeover Building Challenge | September 2015  (Read 26009 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Maxis Makeover Building Challenge | September 2015
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2015, 10:06PM »
Heyas gdayars, welcome to UYS :) You can share a download link if you want. Just be sure to list any EP/SP requirements.

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 08, 2015, 11:22AM »
Well...

I tried.

Also, I am back. Er, never left but kind of wandered over there and then squirreled over here and then returned. Something something good excuse. ANYWAYS.

So since I only play S3 and I have a terrible fear of CC (no offence to anyone, I just can't bog down this computer any more than I really dare...) this is pretty much a Maxis only zone. Not super happy with my decorating ability with this but it's what I have so. Yesh.

Cormorant
180 Wright Way, Sunset Valley
~Remodeled~

I can say I personally loved the roofs (even though they were a pain in the butt to get right) and the living/sitting area is pretty. Not a huge fan of the pool house (which was the garage and REFUSED to move in height when I attempted to fix the ground height) but it works. I also couldn't get great pictures of it but trust me, it's there and it's pool-like. Also, I will probably never try to make an modern/industrial themed home again. Just so cold with the silver and whites. I couldn't put in enough color to overcome the sterilized feeling without losing the "look" so...*grimble rimble doom*.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 08, 2015, 11:38AM »
No worries about the lack of CC, some people prefer to have little while others even keep it maxis match. Doesn't mean it wont look nice! ;)

Damn, you weren't kidding about the roof! It looks so good! The style paired with the metal walls is kind of like a modern, industrial Japanese feel. Reading that might sound odd but it works really well together! I also love your use of the former garage as a little pool house! The landscaping is beautiful and I love that it doubles as a little privacy when taking a dip.

I imagine it was difficult to fill in all that space though! Although it is a bit cold like you said with all the white, I don't think it's overly so. The wood and other colors from stuff on shelves and paintings help it, not to mention the view from the windows. Imagine it in the fall! *cries* Why can't my bedroom have that view??

Offline shastakiss

• Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2015, 06:56PM »
Aaah Cadoc's entry! *cries over pretty roofs*

Is there a deadline for this?   :)

ps eee teeny tiny squarehead smileys are so cute  :D

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 08, 2015, 11:58PM »
Nope, no deadlines :) Although new lots will come up every other month you don't have to hurry to catch up. All challenges will always remain open so members can do them at any time, even if it's months or a year from now. It's basically just meant to be casual and fun.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2015, 01:21AM »
I feel like I'm never going to finish the Sims2 nightmare! Until Friday I was doing a little bit every day, but I went away for the weekend and although it was Canadian Thanksgiving today (err, I guess yesterday, technically), I worked a bit on it in the evening. Finally got the living room, kitchen, bathroom and entry finished. Three more rooms to go and figure out what wall coverings to use outside! D: I think I might rework the roof too...

Offline shastakiss

• Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2015, 03:14PM »
I feel the same way ha! I can't find the patience to load my game with cc and let's be honset that lot needs all the cc help it can get  ;D

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2015, 07:56PM »
Oh yes it does! xD

I feel like I've gotten a bit lazy about choosing the wall coverings, and the last couple rooms I've done are clearly half-assed compared to the others because I'm tried of messing with the house. But, almost there!

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 18, 2015, 01:27AM »
At last, I've finished! *throws confetti* I don't feel like the pictures really do it justice, but it may partially be that they were brightened up a lot and slightly changed the colors.

I had a really hard time with the roof. The glass panels were originally tall triangles but it looked really weird from the road. Then I fought with the flooring and plants. As you can see in the basement level I was getting quite tired of decorating by how little there is. That can be said about the outer wall coverings too. Ugh I hate it but I really just wanted it all to be over.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 18, 2015, 01:29AM »

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Oct 20, 2015, 02:01PM »
Don't know what all the fuss was about. This turned out really well! And so pretty too. I like the rooftop garden/lounge the most. Looks so calm up there. Maybe a good place to read. ^_^

Also. So much storage. *dies* I wish I had half that amount of storage at home. Think of all the books!

I like the color palette too. Turquoise, brick, off-white, and oak. Really relaxing.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 20, 2015, 08:06PM »
It was just really time consuming. Wasn't so bad once I had decided on the layout though. I stole some of the ideas from Arlo's apartment >.>

But yes, all the reading! Guess you'd need some sort of sunshade up there, but I bet it would be really nice.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 21, 2015, 09:01PM »
Just a reminder that although new lots will be available in November it does not mean you can't do this one, or have to finish in time. Challenges will always remain open! :)

Offline LizzyL

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 24, 2015, 09:40PM »
Oh wow your Road to nowhere is really great, I love the stone walls and windows and the roof relaxing area with the glass windows. I can't wait to download once you made it available. Kudos !

Offline MsSimmer

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 25, 2015, 12:20AM »
I love it just beautiful---!!!!