Author Topic: Random stuff  (Read 22561 times)

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
Re: Random stuff
« Reply #30 on: Oct 20, 2015, 01:55PM »
My husband? Decent human being? Gah, don't tell him that. I'll never hear the end of it.  :P

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Oct 20, 2015, 08:08PM »
Lol my lips are sealed :P

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Oct 20, 2015, 09:18PM »
Unlikely.  :D

Not to jump into your guys' convo, but a lot of what you were talking about it why I don't like to play MMO's or games that lean heavily on online content. There's too many jerks out there that think that hiding behind a username and an online profile makes them invincible. I had one instance on RDR where this dude followed me all the way across the map just to headshot my character. Needless to say, I quit out. :/

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Oct 21, 2015, 01:06AM »
Ugh yes, I had that trouble on RDR too! D: Also hated it when you were trying to clean out a place and they came in and kept killing you instead of helping. Asshats.

They can still make an updated game if they'd like, though >.>

Offline Cadoc

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Oct 21, 2015, 12:52PM »
I keep hearing whispers in the rumor mill about a new one but nothing official. When they did that remaster/update thing for GTA and they were showing environments, I originally thought they were announcing the next RDR. But of course, that was for GTA.

Given RDR's commercial success I know they will make another one (it would be ridiculous to not ride that money train longer if they could). Question is mostly when, and if they ever give up this GTA bs. Or at least take a break from it for a bit. There's only so many hookers you can beat up, right? (Right? *worries*)

Given that, I'm also surprised that there aren't more western-themed games out there. I get the allure of magic in Final Fantasy, and shooting bad guys in CoD, and the complexities of space and choice making in Mass Effect. But I find it hard to believe that the gritty, tough world of America at the turn of the century has no inspiration for game makers. (Well, obviously this is a broad statement, I know of a few western-styled games but I digress.)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Oct 21, 2015, 03:49PM »
Now that they've finished up GTA5 you'd think they'd shift their attention to RDR. But yes, I wish there were more like it.