Author Topic: Mississippi has Comic Con  (Read 59066 times)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
Re: Mississippi has Comic Con
« Reply #45 on: Aug 03, 2015, 09:34PM »
Too funny.  You do have next year the only thing is the lineup might change.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Aug 03, 2015, 11:38PM »
Very true. Hopefully there'll be more people that interest me. Not that this one was a bad line-up at all.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Aug 04, 2015, 10:51PM »
You know next year I probably will not go to the comic con.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Aug 05, 2015, 11:59AM »
I feel like unless the lineup is really amazing it's probably not worth going too often?

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Aug 05, 2015, 06:37PM »
MY problem is I tend to over spend on junk I don't need nor did I know I wanted until I show up at these things.  I always wanted to attend one so I did it and now I am like okay no big deal.  Although it was in Mississippi which means it probably would have been better if I was in a different location.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:46PM »
Maybe. I'm kind of worried about what I'd walk out with, but I guess I'd just have to watch myself.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Aug 08, 2015, 09:01AM »
I think you would be fine, your husband could probably influence you not to buy the junk that you don't need.  Since you are a gamer I really think you should experience it.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Aug 08, 2015, 11:15AM »
That's true. Guess I'll see.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Aug 08, 2015, 07:18PM »
You have to comment now so you will have to guilt yourself into going.  Well that's what I do, lol.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Aug 09, 2015, 04:52PM »
My husband should've been around yesterday when I went shopping with his mom to keep me in line, lol. A store I've never been to was having a lot of sales but I was mostly there for shoes because there were tons 3 for $10, 2 for $20, etc. I knew what I wanted and only expected to pay about $50 with tax. But of course the details weren't clear and some shoes were in the wrong spots. They don't bother to tell you that some of the old collection isn't a part of it, so it's like... why put it there then? There was only one pair I didn't get that I had wanted and that was because the smallest size was a little too big. Which was a shame cause they looked really cute!

Anyway, I left with 4 pairs of flats and a pair of wedges, 5 pairs of no show socks... that show because my feet are a little small for them, and a sweater which I love so much. What sucks is that a lot of the shoes don't really fit the same even though they're all their own brand and the same size, so it ended up being rather difficult. There were some super cute lace flats I wanted but they were too loose and you wont be able to hide the no show socks in them. I only really got the sweater because apparently a bunch of other stuff qualifies for the sales... which isn't written anywhere -.- so when I couldn't find another pair of shoes in that sale type that fit right, the girl suggested I try it on. And by then it was passed their closing time and I felt bad they stayed behind to help me out. But they were really nice about it.

Unfortunately now I have like half the money I intended to go on vacation with. Ugh. So dumb.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2015, 04:55PM by yuichen »

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Aug 12, 2015, 07:56PM »
At least your feet will look good.  I don't look at sales as too bad of a deal as long as you use the stuff you buy.  You just can't spend as much when you get on vacation or you are going to have to get some really good deals.  I have a large foot and rarely find shows I like or on a great sale.  I rarely even look for shoes because I don't want to be disappointed if they don't have my size or the shoe doesn't fit.

It's strange that the same maker of shoe doesn't fit the same.  That sucks.  It's nice they stayed with you, but you were spending money so that's a plus for them.  If you have made them stay late and not gotten anything it would have been bad.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Aug 12, 2015, 11:20PM »
Definitely, I think it would've been fair for them to ban me, lol. I keep getting emails from them and I'm just like NOOO, I CAN'T GIVE YOU MORE MONEY!! Lol, damn. But anyway, yeah, I feel mostly alright about it because I only had one pair of dress shoes after getting rid of some really old ones (from high school, ffs!), and they weren't really appropriate for some of the dresses I have.  And all the flats I got will work nicely both dressed up and down. The white ones look super cute with my skinny jeans, particularly. And to be honest, these days it's hard to get that many pairs of shoes under $90.

As far as vacation goes, I probably wont end up spending all that much anyway. I do need to go to Old Navy (it's 30 minutes from where we stay vs almost 2 hours away from where I live) to try on some jeans since they did away with my preferred line. I can't buy them in store because they almost never have the short length (which sadly is still slightly long for me), so I'll just make note of the color and size, and wait for a sale to buy them when I'm back home. Otherwise I wanted to pick up some more athletic shorts but those aren't bad, and I can't imagine I'll get many souvenirs as we've already been there twice, lol.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Aug 14, 2015, 10:24PM »
That's a lot of shoes.  Lucky you. 

You know I have the opposite luck at Old Navy.  I am always wanting long pants and they only have short or regular.  I like for my jeans and pants to have at least a 32-34 inseam.  I might go there tomorrow myself.  I think they cater to the people in the area so if it was a bunch of lanky people there would be more tall pants but since the people in San Antonio, Texas are short they tend to have short.  It makes me sad but it's okay.

I really loved Charlotte Russe's tall collection but over the past couple of years that has changed.  :(

http://www.charlotterusse.com/

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Aug 15, 2015, 01:18AM »
That could be. Kayleigh has the same trouble actually. They do sell long lengths online, and if I remember correctly certain lines were supposed to carry extra long. I'm not sure what the inseam is on that though.

I really hate when they change :(

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Aug 16, 2015, 05:06PM »
Yes it sucks.  I am not a perfect bodied person and tend to like the odd number sizes better than the even.  I hope you are enjoying your vacay.