Author Topic: Mississippi has Comic Con  (Read 59074 times)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
Re: Mississippi has Comic Con
« Reply #30 on: Jul 05, 2015, 12:49PM »
My mom would say I have great ideas in the store but forget once I leave the store lol.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jul 05, 2015, 01:08PM »
Lol, I hear you. I can't remember what a lot of my ideas were.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jul 13, 2015, 07:55AM »
Blergh, back to the real world today :(

The husband and I went to a music festival in Quebec City this past weekend for a Royal Blood and Foo Fighters show. RB played an hour set (they're pretty good live!) but shortly before FF came on it started raining and it just kept getting worse. Ended up with an ugly thunderstorm, and even with the flooding (water went over our ankles!) it still made for a really intense show for the four songs they were able to play before they had to cancel for everyone's safety. I last saw them was Montreal 2011 and if memory serves it was a 4 hour show (and it was SO good). This 20ish one was way more fun just because it was crazy. I hope they'll come back next summer, but even if they don't we decided we're going to go to the festival anyway.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2015, 06:57PM »
That's great you enjoyed the festival.  I am sorry to hear that you got rained on a four hour show is a long long time but at least you get your monies worth.  Did you eat lots of cool foods?  I really enjoy festivals but haven't been to any lately.  Maybe  I will start going to them next year. 

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jul 13, 2015, 07:56PM »
In all we got about an hour and 20ish minutes with the opening act. But Foo Fighters do tend to play as long as they can, lol. You end up leaving with dead legs, smelly, and half deaf. But it's awesome :P

I don't really tend to eat much in general when I'm out doing things because my nerves act up and I feel like crap. Even when there is absolutely no reason to be nervous, I am. At least until they start playing and I more or less become a different person. I don't know why I can't force myself to be that way all the time. Although, I'm better than I was.

Montreal has a lot of festivals throughout the summer too but we've never been to any of them. I know Coheed and Cambria is supposed to be playing one but I can't remember which, and Incubus is in Toronto for Edgefest on the 29th, but that's like 8 hours away.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jul 16, 2015, 07:30PM »
So...I had intended on responding to the messages but something went haywire with my google chrome and it restarted my pc.  I deleted google chrome and I am just now getting to responding.

The Foo Fighters has a large catalog so I guess they really give the people what they want which is good.  I was thinking that if you were a sim you would have that icky green haze coming from your body...

I know about the nerves part I don't get it much anymore because I rarely go to places but I feel awkward a lot of the times so it's very hard for me to go places.  I feel people are always judging you. I like food so that helps me ignore them lol. 

There is supposed to be this big festival in October.  I can't wait to attend it.  I would much rather a big bizarre or craft show....

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jul 16, 2015, 08:21PM »
I feel the same way! I know most people probably don't even notice me (I CAN be easily lost in a crowd with my height) but somewhere in the back of my mind I think they are. Maybe it's because I'm an observant person myself and I notice tiny things about people, and think others are picking me apart. Which is dumb because I shouldn't care. I'm trying not to do it so much and it's definitely better, but still.

Booo about your chrome freaking out! :( I haven't had any issues with them myself, but my husband has been having a lot of problems with firefox lately. Seems like it just randomly starts bleeding memory or something. I rarely use it.

A festival in october sounds fabulous, not gonna lie. I'd rather be a little chilly than too hot!

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jul 17, 2015, 06:31PM »
I really really liked Chrome but didn't like some of automatic updating. Hopefully firefox does me better.

I think once we get over our worries everything is better.  I really try and ignore people looking at me only because I don't think I should be made to feel uncomfortable because of how someone else looks at me.

I do hope I can make it to the festival.  I looked up some craft festivals and thinks I should start working on stuff to make more money instead of spending more.  My BF says I have to much stuff and I need to stop buying...he's so right.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jul 17, 2015, 07:33PM »
Lol, organized hoarder? :P Would be cool to sell stuff there though!

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jul 18, 2015, 01:03PM »
Organized hardly but it's not a bunch of dead cats and dirty diapers.  It's all stuff of value.  I just need to stay away from the computer and other distracting stuff and get focused like someone else I know because they actually make wonderful things I just dream wonderful things lol.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jul 18, 2015, 06:56PM »
Lol, the computer is definitely a trap sometimes. I find youtube especially bad for it. The other day I watched this really bizarre girl for hours doing reviews of random products and walking around thrift stores being her strange self. She's just so weird that I love her and I wish I was as comfortable in my skin as she is. Pinterest is another black hole, lol.

And hey, dreaming is a good start! ;)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jul 28, 2015, 11:38PM »
You are soooo right black holes of pure guilty pleasures both of the ones you mentioned.

I have been away making stuff using both of them as references.  I need to get some more stuff to finish the projects.  I plan on running to the store tomorrow.  If I can finish them this weekend.  I will post a picture, but I make no promises lol.  Wishes there was an ac moore in my area :(.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jul 29, 2015, 11:45AM »
Ohh, nice! :)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jul 29, 2015, 05:46PM »
I am going to run to walmart and get some "supplies" lol I need some wire ribbon.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Aug 03, 2015, 01:43PM »
Aww man,  I just found out there was a comic con in Montreal at the beginning of the July. Some people from Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead were there! D:

Oh well... maybe next year.