Author Topic: Hi  (Read 9191 times)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: Mar 26, 2015, 10:45AM »
Hello everyone.

I am an avid downloader more than simmer.  I have played all of the sims except TS3.  I recently started dabbling in  small creations mainly paintings and some recolors but it's a start.  I will be moving in the next month.  I have a cat that's three he's a cuddler when he wants to be.  I frequent the forums and usually lurk more than anything. I am infatuated with WCIF sections and albums.  I really enjoy conversing with simmers and I like learning new things.  Once I move I will hopefully go back to school for my master's degree (not sure in what yet).  I hope to be a school teacher after I retire from the military. 

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:16AM »
Heyas ranabluu, welcome to UYS :)

That's great you're trying out creating! It's really fun to see things in your game that you made, and even more so if you had to struggle to get it right. That pretty much describes all my stuff these days :P Are there other areas you wanted to try next? And I'm with you on WCIF sections! I feel like I spend more time there than anywhere.

A school teacher sounds like a nice plan :) Good luck with everything!

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2015, 12:32PM »
Thanks.

I created wall stencils...it took me forever to figure out what I was suppose to be doing, lol.  I don't know.  I did some bedding and two or three chairs.  More for a childs room.  I once thought it was copy and paste and play now I know it's more to it than that.  :)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2015, 01:49PM »
Sounds like a good start to me! It can be difficult to get used to things but I think in the end it's worth it because your game can be exactly what you want, and it also inspires you to do more.

Which game have you been creating for? Nevermind, I found your wall decals. They look great! :D
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015, 01:54PM by yuichen »

Offline ravencries

• Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • Simblur
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2015, 05:08PM »
Hello ranabluu!
Sorry for not saying Hiiiieeeee before now, I was at the ER this morning so I might have been catching up on sleep.

While I do not lurk in the WCIF second of forums, as of right now, I think I might be going to do that more often (once the dust settles in my games)

I'm a former converter, mainly on Sims2 stuff, and I was mainly converting Yuichen's stuff (with permission) as F2M clothing. Now it's it easy for everyone to do it I retired.

Awesome possum that your Military, what branch/rank/base are you you at currently?
Teacher power! I'm a former Sunday School Teacher.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:08PM »
I really am dedicated to TS2 I have TS4 and played it for over 100 hours according to the EA game stalker origin.  It's okay but I am not too impressed with the price....I wished it was a standalone game like the stories or pirates and nobles because that's the vibe I get from it.

I posted some of my wall stencils at Leefish/Affinity Sims/Mamba City (adult or mature)/and the site where I mod Sim Paraphernalia (has nothing to do with drugs or bad stuff). I want to make a mural but my reading and understanding and doing don't really work that well.  I need concise instructions and lots of pictures :).  When I create I try not to make realistic stuff but if I find a cartoony version of something I think it's okay. I hope that makes sense.

Racencries I wish you a speedy recovery from your recent visit to the ER. I am in the Navy been in forever almost 19 years.  I live in Texas my home state.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:30PM »
Eep, what happened to send you to the ER?! D:

I wasn't crazy about the price of Sims4 either :/ Once I tried it and actually liked it I waited for a sale and got it half off. Admittedly I'm kind of a tightwad. I don't like it as much as Sims2 but it feels a bit different than the other games, so it keeps it kind of fresh? Plus Sims2 takes a while to load, so... lol.

Anyway, Leefish is where I saw your Sesame Street decals. I'll go check out Sim Paraphernalia :)

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:23PM »
I got mine on Black Friday.  I could no see spending 60 bucks on a pc game or any other game for that matter.  I do like what I see with the new ep but I am going to wait on the price.  My family says that I am cheap but I am frugal and I like deals...

Offline ravencries

• Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • Simblur
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:17PM »
Yuichen i explained over in the other post; so we don't hijack this one.

And hello neighbor, I'm over in New Mexico, which is so not my home state. I'm a Floridian.

Spent the full 69.99 on the preorder of TS4 which only has 174 hours.
TS3 is 1426 hours... TS2 has nothing logged.

I see what you mean when you say it feels like a stand alone, which is why I am not logging up hours on the game, because it's just meh.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2015, 10:47PM »
I saw it after. Usually how it goes, lol.

If I remember correctly I have around 50 hours, which feels ridiculously short for how long I seem to be playing. I haven't really played in a while though. Been going in and out testing stuff more than anything, but I had made a new sim I planned to play a legacy with. So far she's only really modeled stuff.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2015, 08:27PM »
Hi so I was really hoping they would hook up America and discount some of the sims 4 stuff but no such luck.  I updated with the new world but haven't played it yet. Even though I told Yuichen I would put some pictures up last week....

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2015, 09:23PM »
I built a house in it just before the site relaunched. Looks kind of nice :)

Just gotta check around often for sales, really. I know you already have Get To Work, but Amazon has it for $10 off. I think it's still full price on Origin.

Although, GreenManGaming currently has a 20% off voucher code you can use. I don't think there's any exclusions, so in theory you could use it to buy the download code thingy to use in Origin.

Offline ranabluu

• One Who Says Ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2015, 09:28PM »
I am going to try that code right now literally lol.....

Um how does it work lol.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 06, 2015, 10:10PM »
Guess you add the "GRAB20-PERCNT-OFFNOW" code in the rewards > vouchers thing at checkout. They must then give you a code to use in origin.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 07, 2015, 05:19PM »
Origin is also doing a sale that gives $20 off (with minimum purchase at $50) with the code PLAY.

http://simsvip.com/2015/07/07/origin-sale-save-20-using-promo-code-play/

Suppose you could use it to pick up Outdoor Retreat, the two stuff packs, and something else you might be able to find cheap.