Author Topic: Fraps >.<  (Read 17708 times)

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
Fraps >.<
« on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:30AM »
So... Fraps is a bitch. I don't know if it's not very compatible with Windows 7 or if I'm just stupid, but it wont work half the time. I know I'm getting tired of going in Sims2 to take screenshots of my new downloadable goodies only to find they didn't take. It takes a while just to get to that point as it is, even with my shineh new hard drive and memory.

*shakes fist at junk computer*

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
Re: Fraps >.<
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:41AM »
I haven't had any issues with Fraps, but then again I'm running XP still. I'm also afraid of installing a lighting mod in case fraps will go wonky and take only black pictures like I've seen happen :/ Have you tried any other screencap programs yet in its stead?

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:24PM »
Hmm I'm not sure about that, I've never used fraps while using the lighting mod.

I haven't yet, no. I tried gadwin and ... snagit (?) when I was using XP and they both eventually stopped working, at which point fraps miraculously started working again. I'll have to try them again I guess, I'm just really annoyed at having to go back in there and set up the shots again.

Offline DirtyLiberal

• Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
    • LJ
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:38PM »
Yeah, Fraps stopped working for me too. And it's on my XP simming comp, so maybe it's not 7's fault. I usually use Gadwin, but i installed Fraps to use with sims3. It's registered and was working fine before, but now it just refuses to take pictures. I hit the key and nothing happens. I tried changing it to a different key or changing the file format, but still no luck  :(

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2010, 01:09PM »
That's really sucky :/ I wonder why they all just randomly stop working.

Offline iosaur

• North Chilean Guanaco
  • Flesh Wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2010, 02:17PM »
I'll knock on wood not to get any problems with it :/ I'm most comfortable with it and have had no issues (except trying to take a picture with it in bodyshop crashes BS). Hope your issues solve magically (or otherwise) themselves, weird unexplicable glitching sucks big-big.

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2010, 03:06PM »
I use Gadwin.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2010, 03:31PM »
I just grabbed it. Hopefully it doesn't fail on me like the last time...

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2010, 03:29PM »
Well... it's still a no go. Gadwin will only take screenshots of my desktop no matter what settings I used. I ended up just printscreening it, seeing as I only needed a couple pics. I'll figure out something later >.>

Offline PhoenixFG

• Elderberry
    • View Profile
    • Winchester Legacy&Other Tales
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2010, 09:20PM »
Late comment is late but I use Fraps some of the time and I have Windows 7 and I haven't had problems with it.  I've had more problems with Snagit(I ♥ that program) and 7 than another!:( Sometimes I have to uninstall and reinstall Fraps when I was running Vista.  Are you playing in windowed mode or full screen?

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2010, 11:29PM »
I play in full screen.

I used Snag It for a while on XP but then that too stopped working. I don't know what the hell it is with my computer and those programs. When one dies on me another magically starts working again. Only, it's not really working out that way right now. I'm not that worried at the moment because I'm not working on anything, but I need to have it finished in time to start shooting the Cutlers. I'm still rewriting -.-

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2010, 03:18PM »
Gadwin has always worked fine for me, on XP and 7 both. I've used it fullscreen and windowed. What isn't working about it?

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 11, 2010, 06:59PM »
It only takes screens of the desktop no matter what settings I use. It completely ignores any other windows that are open.

Offline kayleigh

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Wounded Mosquito
    • View Profile
    • kkkayleighh@dreamwidth
« Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2010, 11:53PM »
That's what I expected you'd say, that's what it does with Dragon Age for me. I was thinking perhaps you can use Alt+Tab to go to the desktop, then Alt+Tab back into the game and try it. I'll try it with DA as well to see if that helps any.

Offline yuichen

• Mexican Whooping Llama
  • Holy Hand Grenade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 12, 2010, 12:36AM »
I did that actually, to see if it worked before I closed the game. It takes too long to load up again to keep reloading the game.